Maple is very powerful. Here's some things Maple can do:
1. Maple can plot simple functions.
2. Maple can plot 3D functions.
3. Maple can solve transcendental equations.
The best mathematicians in the world can't solve this bad boy, but Maple can:
4. Maple knows special functions.
You may not know what a Bessel function is, but Maple does.
5. Maple can do complex numbers and complex functions.
6. Maple can do matrix manipulations
7. Maple can differentiate and integrate.
8. Maple can solve differential equations.
9. Maple can do programming.
10. Maple can do a heck of a lot more.